Retro Studios Nintendo Metroid Donkey Kong

• Zaloguj się by odpowiedzieć
195 odpowiedzi na ten temat

#121 Kaxi Napisany 14 stycznia 2013 - 20:14

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:
Nie licząc efektów na wizorze i rozdzielczości, grafika w tym mock-upie jest mocno taka sobie. Nie widać tutaj tego przywiązania do detali i bogatej rzeźby/architektury charakterystycznej dla Prime'ów.

#122 Kaxi Napisany 28 stycznia 2013 - 22:13

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:
http://www.neogaf.co...t=495654&page=8

temat stalkowania linkedl w poszukiwaniu nowych pracowników Retro powrócił do życia ;) Znaleziono cztery nowe nabytki z Vigil Games (dwóch na stałe, dwóch na kontrakt), ale nowe w sensie nieznane wcześniej (z zeszłego roku) a nie po ostatniej aukcji assetów THQ.

#123 Malutki Napisany 28 stycznia 2013 - 22:25

Malutki

Master Chief

• Forumowicze
  • 2 508 Postów:
Nie tylko z Vigil Games :)

So I'm Linkedin snooping now that I have a barebones account (lots of stuff's still blocked unless you get a paid account), so I uncovered one person who was hired in 2012 who was a Senior Animator at BioWare on Star Wars: The Old Republic, he was there for 4 years.

For protection, I'll keep the name a secret, now he's a Level 3 Animator at Retro.

#124 Kaxi Napisany 28 stycznia 2013 - 22:37

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:
I jeszcze z października 2012:

Hello! October hire of an Associate Environment Artist from Junction Point! Now an Environment Artist at Retro!

#125 cybercotlet Napisany 28 stycznia 2013 - 23:11

cybercotlet

Official Fullblox Master

• Forumowicze
  • 8 576 Postów:
Niech już w końcu zrzucą tą bombę na E3 ileż można czekać :skacze:

#126 Danteusz Napisany 28 stycznia 2013 - 23:29

Danteusz

Alpha Male!

• Administratorzy
  • 32 836 Postów:
Napisy po skończeniu gry też studiujecie? :P

#127 Malutki Napisany 20 kwietnia 2013 - 09:12

Malutki

Master Chief

• Forumowicze
  • 2 508 Postów:

Taka tam ciekawostka na temat powodu odejścia kilku osób z Retro Studios.

A portion of a Game Informer interview with Armature's Mark Pacini...

GI: Stepping away from the game for a minute, why did you leave Retro? Do you want to talk about that story a little bit?

MP: I was there for eight years. When you work for Nintendo, Nintendo’s an awesome company. They’re great to work for. It’s hard, challenging work, but it’s rewarding at the same time. But given that regard, there’s a limited amount of things you can do in Nintendo. You can’t work on other platforms. You kind of work on games that they would like you to work on, so after doing three of the same games in a row, we were kind of like, we’d really like the flexibility to do other things.

And that’s really what it came down to was we didn’t have anything against Nintendo or Retro or anything – they’re all great people, we still talk to them all the time, and we still have a great relationship – but having an independent studio, one day you’re working on Batman, the other day you’re working on something else, and that’s kind of what we wanted to do. We would have never been able to work on Vita, or 3DS – it wasn’t something that Retro was gunning for. And Armature as a studio, we’re hopefully able to make some announcements later this year on what we’re working on next, and those are, again, forward thinking on consoles, and things we weren’t able to do before.

Starting Armature when we did was a very difficult time in the game industry. And the game industry continues to be difficult. Right now as a studio we’re in a really good position and there are a lot of opportunities that we’re going to be able to pursue that we wanted to five years ago.

GI: The Metroid Prime series remains popular with fans. Do you feel like you can look back at that series now and appreciate it from a distance?

MP: Yeah. I never played any of the Metroid games after they were done, just because I was just so sick of them. When you work on something for two years straight, and play it for two years straight, it’s really hard to go back and distance yourself from it. When you’re in it, you don’t understand what you’re making, you’re just kind of trying to get it done and try to make the best decisions that you can. It’s hard to step back. It’s been a long time since we produced something, so for me I want Armature to be not the company that used to do Metroid Prime. I don’t want us to be just the guys that did that. This is going to be the first game that is truly an original Armature game, although it’s based on the property of an existing franchise. It’s our first step, and I think that from there we can continue on with making interesting games. What’s kind of cool now is that more independent games that are not mainstream are being looked at more seriously now, not by publishers, but by other alternate funding. There are a lot of other developers and other publishers that are wanting that sort of content that aren’t the $20, $30, $40 million games. They want to have these smaller games and I think that right now is a good opportunity to be an independent studio that has the potential to make those types of games. Not the indie games, not the big games, the in-betweeners. I think that’s it’s the right time for us.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=200767

#128 Malutki Napisany 29 maja 2013 - 09:00

Malutki

Master Chief

• Forumowicze
  • 2 508 Postów:

Rumor: Retro Studios' next game is a new "brand"

Taken from the IGN Voice Chat (credits to: kard8p3 for pointing this out)

At minute 24, Peer Schneider says that he has heard rumors that the next Retro game will be a new "brand". Does that mean a gritty, bald space marine shooter? A star tropics spiritual sequel? Something that nobody has ever imagined? We will know for sure in two weeks!

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=570177

#129 nole Napisany 06 czerwca 2013 - 14:29

nole

Mr ZURKON is here to KILL

• Forumowicze
  • 6 723 Postów:

Dziś z samego rana, ni z gruchy ni z pietruchy zacząłem sobie podśpiewywać przy goleniu:

"Cooooo roooooooobi Retro?"
"Cooooo roooooooobi Retro?"

Spoiler

#130 Mateo Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 09:36

Mateo

Demigod

• Forumowicze
  • 7 088 Postów:

Ja chce Metroidaa od Retrosów, inaczej wale tą konsole!

#131 Pious Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 11:50

Pious

Demigod

• Forumowicze
  • 6 410 Postów:

Ja chce Metroidaa od Retrosów, inaczej wale tą konsole!

+1

W d.. mam coś innego od nich - chcę MP4. Ostatnie przejście MPT na Wii tylko utwierdziło mnie w tym pragnieniu.

#132 nole Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 11:55

nole

• Forumowicze
  • 6 723 Postów:

Jeżeli Retro robi MP 4 to mogę tutaj dać słowo honoru, że kupię 5 konsol WiiU (białe podobno mają wycofywać, także powinny jeszcze ostro stanieć) :hihi:

#133 Tawotnica Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 12:09

Tawotnica

Samus Aran

• Moderatorzy
  • 15 075 Postów:

a gdyby tak Metroid Prime 4 był outsourcowany np. do High Voltage (of Conduit fame :hihi:) pod nadzorem Retro? Ja bym się nie zdziwił po tym jak dali Other M do Team Ninja. 

#134 Mateo Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 13:51

Mateo

Demigod

• Forumowicze
  • 7 088 Postów:

Ja sobie przyżekłem, że jak wyjdzie nowy Prime, to kupie WiiU! No chyba, że stworzy go inny team i będzie w FPP, to mimo wszystko i tak  będzie wspaniale. Metroid musi kontynuować ducha serii Prime, bo inaczej Samus zginie w czeluściach kosmosu razem ze smiesznymi dodatkami DLC, w postaci gierki 2d ;/ SAMUS K&^RWAA RATUJ!!

Zobaczymy..

#135 torq314 Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:32

torq314

Buddhabrot

• Forumowicze
  • 24 415 Postów:

Jeżeli Retro robi MP 4 to mogę tutaj dać słowo honoru, że kupię 5 konsol WiiU (białe podobno mają wycofywać, także powinny jeszcze ostro stanieć) :hihi:

+1

może nie że pięć od razu, ale kupię na pewno. i ŻADNYCH outsoursów do Teamów Nindża czy gdziekolwiek indziej. Wpadka z Other M wystarczy.

#136 Kaxi Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:40

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:

Dlaczego nie ma żadnych przecieków? :(

#137 BeSOS Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:47

BeSOS

RYJ

• Forumowicze
  • 24 781 Postów:
Bo nie są tego warte :hihi:
Retro jest zmęczone Metroidami wiec zapewne robią cokolwiek N im wcisnie.

#138 lukaszSA Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:49

lukaszSA

Overall expert

• Forumowicze
  • 28 915 Postów:

Dlaczego nie ma żadnych przecieków? :(

Tak swoją drogą, to kiedy ostatnio był jakiś przeciek u Nintendo?

#139 Kaxi Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:51

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:

Pamiętna lista z Miiverse? ;)

#140 lukaszSA Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 15:55

lukaszSA

Overall expert

• Forumowicze
  • 28 915 Postów:

Pamiętna lista z Miiverse? ;)

Faktycznie, chyba tylko to :hmmm:

To dobrze o nich świadczy. U konkurencji to gry na torrentach się pojawiają miesiąc przed premierą :hihi:

#141 Kaxi Napisany 07 czerwca 2013 - 16:04

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:

To dobrze o nich świadczy. U konkurencji to gry na torrentach się pojawiają miesiąc przed zapowiedzią  :hihi:

fix'd

#142 nole Napisany 09 czerwca 2013 - 09:42

nole

• Forumowicze
  • 6 723 Postów:

Igieenik wróży:

http://www.ign.com/b...it-finally-time

"Just look at what Retro was able to achieve with Metroid Prime on a console that held a fraction of the Wii U’s power, and what they could achieve now. Metroid is arguably Nintendo’s most technically sophisticated franchise, so it seems perfect that Samus would be the frontrunner for showing off what the Wii U can do. Nintendo gambled with Team Ninja on their recent Metroid game, and though many enjoyed Other M, most would agree it doesn’t hold a candle to the Prime games. Imagine the gorgeous vistas of planet Zebes and other Metroid locations but in HD. Retro handled the series so well in Prime with its incredible ambiance and sense of atmosphere. Prime on the Gamecube was already ahead of its time. It's because of this that Retro is the most trustworthy company to take the franchise into the next generation."

:please:

"Unless we haven’t been told some horrible truth, then the company has been hard at work for years now with no word whatsoever on their progress. If they’ve been working hard then it’s most likely their newest game is something big. It’s exactly the push in the pants that the Wii U needs right now, and it’s certainly a candidate for Nintendo’s secret weapon at E3 on Tuesday."

:please: :please:  

#143 BeSOS Napisany 09 czerwca 2013 - 09:53

BeSOS

RYJ

• Forumowicze
  • 24 781 Postów:
Jak ja lubie ignowski artykuly z serii co by bylo gdyby....i nigdy sie nie sprawdzaja bo siedza tam tumany wymyslajace te teksty zeby coskolwiek napisac.

#144 ACZ Napisany 12 czerwca 2013 - 02:18

ACZ

Samiec Alfa

• Reformatorzy
  • 36 070 Postów:

According to Retro Studios president and CEO Michael Kelbaugh, the developer chose to work on a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns rather than Metroid as its first Wii U title. Kelbaugh stated that the team made the tough decision after realising that it had "unfinished business" with Nintendo's number one gorilla.

#145 lukaszSA Napisany 12 czerwca 2013 - 07:32

lukaszSA

Overall expert

• Forumowicze
  • 28 915 Postów:

"unfinished business" czyli "DK sprzedało się lepiej od wszystkich Metroidów razem wziętych"

#146 Tawotnica Napisany 13 czerwca 2013 - 07:54

Tawotnica

Samus Aran

• Moderatorzy
  • 15 075 Postów:

Retro would love to work on the Metroid series again, but it's not currently doing so. Though many expected a move to HD would lure Retro back to the franchise that made it famous, Retro president Michael Kelbaugh told me in an interview that his team felt Donkey Kong Country needed more attention.
"Well, we love Metroid. We love Metroid Prime and we always will. It was a big part of our studio, the culture of the studio. The majority of that team is still at Retro," Kelbaugh said. "When we finished with DK, we still had a lot of really cool ideas. That, in combination with what the Wii U could do, we really wanted to continue with that. Again, Retro Studios loves Metroid. We might do another one someday. But we really enjoyed working with DK as well."
Of course, many Nintendo fans refuse to give up hope, and might assume that Retro is working on both Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and some sort of Metroid project. While the developer certainly might have ideas, and could be doing some tests, it won't be working on two major projects simultaneously.
"We’re pretty much on one major project at a time. We do a game every two years or three years," Kelbaugh said. "In the first year of that, we have some extra bandwidth, so sometimes… We helped out with Mario Kart 7. We helped Monster Games do the 3DS version. Sometimes we’ll have a little bit of extra bandwidth to help out other entities at Nintendo. We really feel strongly about helping out Nintendo as a whole, so if we have time, we’ll do that. Do we have the bandwidth to do two major projects at once? I don’t think so. A big project and a little project at the same time, we can do that."
So Retro is working on Tropical Freeze. It doesn't have two teams working on two major projects, even though it might be interested in returning to Metroid one day. What, then, is the future of Samus Aran's intergalactic adventures? I turned to Kensuke Tanabe, an Executive Officer at Nintendo, and the man responsible for producing Retro's games, including the Metroid Prime series.
"Basically I’m thinking of, not just Samus, but how we can expand the whole Samus universe," Tanabe said. "You remember Metroid Prime Hunters. I’m thinking about things like how we could make that go out further, with all these different bounty hunters as well."
Stay tuned to IGN for more from my conversation with Tanabe, Kelbaugh and Tropical Freeze producer Risa Tabata.

http://m.uk.ign.com/...ture-of-metroid

Czyli nowy Metroid od Retro najwcześniej w 2015, ale jak mają z takimi pomysłami wyskakiwać jak Tanabe, to może niech robią kolejne sequele DKCR :fp:
Fusion 2 od teamu WarioWare na 3DSa to ostatnia nadzieja dla Metroida, bo Another M czy Hunters 2 całkiem zabiją tą serię.

#147 BeSOS Napisany 13 czerwca 2013 - 08:10

BeSOS

RYJ

• Forumowicze
  • 24 781 Postów:
Czyli nawet sie nie robi i nie wiadomo czy kedykolwiek zrobi, moze pod koniec generacji jesli n bedxie laskawe i nie kaze im robic nowego DK :fp:

#148 Kaxi Napisany 13 czerwca 2013 - 09:22

Kaxi

N+ Crew

• Forumowicze
  • 14 144 Postów:

Nie wiem czy Wii U pożyje wystarczająco długo, by Retro zrobili drugi duży projekt :/

Poza tym, w 2015 nexty pójdą tak do przodu, że Metroid nawet od Retro już nie powali. Prime 3 wyskoczył na Wii szybko i wciąż mógł być bardzo ładny, ale przecież gdyby wyszedł w 2009 roku, to by nie było to samo.

#149 Pious Napisany 13 czerwca 2013 - 09:31

Pious

Demigod

• Forumowicze
  • 6 410 Postów:

Czyli sami sobie kopią dołki. Teraz MP4 mógłby rozjebać mózg, a będzie pewnie ładny "jak na WiiU". O ile będzie i o ile konsola będzie jeszcze dogorywała. Jakoś nie widzę wielkiego przebudzenia jak w przypadku 3DS. Zresztą, kurwa, Iwata się zarzekał, że nie popełnią błędów 3DS,a  teraz gada o "lost momentum" dla WiiU i naprawianiu tego. Ile jeszcze razy tej firmie uda się wyjść z opresji? Niech w końcu dostosują się do obecnych realiów.

#150 mic Napisany 13 czerwca 2013 - 11:42

mic

Viewtiful Joe

• Forumowicze
  • 1 069 Postów:

Pewnie dopiero takie sprawy się pozmieniają jak Iwata poleci...

Inne z tagami: