Napisany 30 październik 2018 - 14:19
Under Tale 2?
Ten post był edytowany przez Tawotnica dnia: 02 listopad 2018 - 10:18
Napisany 30 październik 2018 - 14:24
Nie, Above Tale 1.
Napisany 31 październik 2018 - 14:26
Napisany 02 listopad 2018 - 10:18
QUESTIONS I PREDICT PEOPLE HAVE
1. "Is this a sequel? What's going on?? I'm scared..."
Please don't worry too much about that.
Actually, I'm worried if people worry too much about "what it is," they might not be able to properly enjoy it... (laugh)
I will say that basically, what you're seeing here is not the world of UNDERTALE.
UNDERTALE's world and ending are the same as however you left them.
If everyone was happy in your ending, the people in the UNDERTALE world will still be happy.
So, please don't worry about those characters, and that world. It will remain untouched.
To rephrase that, DELTARUNE's world is a different one.
With different characters, that have lived different lives.
A whole new story will happen...
I don't know what you call this kind of game.
It's just a game you can play after you complete UNDERTALE, if you want to.
2. "I have questions I want to ask about the story..."
There's a lot of questions I'd like to answer, too.
That's why I have to make the game.
Please wait until then.
3. "When will the next chapter come out?"
This is a difficult question.
When I made the demo of UNDERTALE, I made it to prove to myself that it was possible to make a whole game alone (with some help with the art).
Because I was able to make it in a few months, I felt that I had proved that it was possible.
However, making the demo of DELTARUNE...
took a few years.
So, given the length of the rest of the game, and how long I'd be willing to spend on a project (7 years maximum) I think the answer is that it's actually impossible to make this game.
Lots of things make this game harder to make than the last time.
- The graphics are much more complicated and don't play to my strengths (black and white battle graphics were easy...)
- The battle system is much more complicated due to multiple characters (I'll write about this later)
- The overworld and other sections are more complicated due to multiple characters
- Having multiple main characters is much harder to write especially introducing everyone properly in chapter 1
- The entire town had to be created correctly on the first try to set up properly for the rest of the game
And further things outside of those:
- Trouble starting tasks/concentrating and general difficulty paying attention
- Travelling / other responsibilities like translation/ports
- Self-doubt / burnout regarding the creation of the game
Essentially it's not possible to make this game as one person (and Temmie).
However, it MIGHT be possible to create the game if I'm able to make a team.
So I'm going to try making a team. Because I really want to make this. But I may not be able to succeed because I have no experience successfully directing a team and I have no idea who I'm going to work with.
Since I haven't started assembling the team yet I have absolutely no estimation of its completion. It could take up to 999 years depending on the efficiency level.
By the way, I currently plan to release all of the chapters at once after we complete them. I'm not sure how long that will take.
You'll buy all of the chapters at once as one purchase. That'll be the only option. I'm not doing pre-orders because I don't like those. It just seems like the best way not to burn anybody.
Price is unknown. It depends on how long the game is, and how much it costs to make...
I don't know anything about what consoles, etc. it'll come out for because by the time it comes out we might be on Playstation 14 or something.
So... in short, I have no idea.
4. "Is this the game's final design? Will you change anything?"
It's possible I could change things. This is basically a demo. I might even change this first chapter before release depending on how development goes.
This is really an excuse to talk about the parts I think had issues.
THE BATTLE SYSTEM:
I think the battle system could be explained better.
I had a super duper long explanation of things here but really it boils down to:
1. UT's system is incompatible with multiple party members but I wanted to do it anyway because it's cool
2. I'd like to make it so for pacifist players, characters won't have to "defend" so much
Oh. The people who tested the game thought that the TP system and animations were cool so it's not all bad.
By the way, did you notice that getting close to bullets makes enemy attacks end faster? It doesn't work for every attack, but...